Detection and analysis systems are ubiquitously used across all domains of life (education, work, leisure) to access resources and opportunities. This six-week program covers the fundamental concepts in AI ethics, how the recognition and analysis systems manifest bias, how they are used in different settings and what the consequences are. Throughout this program, learners will gain a strong understanding of these systems, and the consequences of what they develop, use and implement in their lives.
Who Should Take
Anyone interested in AI bias in detection & analysis systems & surveillance in public, private & other context.
Overall Learning Outcomes
Gain a conceptual understanding of how bias manifests itself in AI systems (Facial and object recognition and analysis; NLP – Natural Language Processing; Sentiment/Emotion analysis)
Observe ubiquitous surveillance and data collection mechanisms and their real-world applications
Understand the consequences of these bias & surveillance issues on the individual and social justice
Apply these concepts to case studies
- Week 1: AI Ethics, Bias & Human Rights
- Week 2: Bias in Face & Object Recognition & Analysis
- Week 3: Bias in Language, Voice and Sentiment Recognition & Analysis
- Week 4: Surveillance (in Recruitment & Workplace)
- Week 5: Surveillance (Public Spaces, Schools, Consumer-facing)
- Week 6: Smart Cities & Smart Homes